Best Choice For Beginners!
Free Trading Education!
Free Demo Account!
Big Sign-up Bonus!
Perfect For Experienced Traders!
40 easy ways to make money quickly
Updated 3 April 2020
On this page you’ll find all the best ways to make money in your spare time whilst at university based on our own experience. We’ll keep adding new ways to this page so go ahead and bookmark it. And please do share your own ideas in the comments!
Top ways to make money online and offline
No-risk matched betting
Hands down the quickest way to make a lot of money (well, without breaking the law). Lots of students have genuinely made £100s from this technique. It’s completely legal, risk free, tax free, and anyone over 18 in the UK can do it (Not in UK? Skip to no. 2).
It works by taking advantage of free bets regularly offered by betting sites through ‘matching’ them at a betting exchange. Matched betting eliminates the risk (you are betting both for and against a certain outcome).
This leaves you being able to squeeze out the free bet, which can be as much as £100. Multiply this by how many betting sites there are and you can quite easily come away with a profit of a few hundred pounds.
Owen walks you through how to make your first £13 profit (using a real life example) in this gem of a guide to matched betting. If you know of any better way to make £40/hr sitting at home, please let us know!
An increasingly popular way for students to make money is to fill out online surveys in their spare time. Research companies are always recruiting new members worldwide to answer surveys and test new products.
For a few minutes of form filling, you can make a couple of quid which is paid as cash or rewards. You can bag up to £3 ($5) for some surveys!
Also sign up for Swagbucks which rewards you for surveys as well as simply surfing the web, watching videos and playing games.
Update: See our new full guide to the best paid online surveys!
Paid for searching the web
Interested in earning cash for doing what you already do online? This has to be one of the easiest methods of making money online without really any effort or change in your behaviour.
Best Choice For Beginners!
Free Trading Education!
Free Demo Account!
Big Sign-up Bonus!
Perfect For Experienced Traders!
This innovative idea by Qmee.com rewards you for searching in Google, Bing or Yahoo. You just install a simple add-on to your browser and when you conduct a search there may be a few sponsored results alongside your normal search.
Each Qmee result has a cash reward attached – if you are interested in it simply click on it and collect your reward.
The best thing is there is no minimum to cashout – our first one was just 72p wired to our Paypal account. You also have the option to donate it to charity.
Sign up now for free and start earning from your own searches! Click here to start.
Online market trading
Whilst this isn’t necessarily an easy way to make money, investing in stock markets can be lucrative if you learn to do it properly and safely. By the same token, you may suffer significant losses if you don’t take it seriously.
Today there is no need to fund the yachts of Wolf of Wall Street style stock brokers. You can do it all yourself with the help of online market trading platforms.
Having spent many hours researching this new opportunity, I’ve been experimenting with the two biggest platforms: Plus500 and eToro.com. Both offer free practice accounts.
Overall I prefer eToro with over 12 million users worldwide. It has been featured in a BBC 2 documentary “Traders: Millions by the Minute” and recently began sponsoring several Premier League football clubs.
One of the best things on eToro is the CopyTrader feature. This lets you literally see, follow and copy the investments of other top performing traders.
Follow George’s complete guide to trading on eToro to learn more. I think $200 is a good amount to get the most out of the learning curve by trying out a few different markets. If nothing else you’ll learn a great deal about various investments and industries.
Please be aware that all trading involves risk. 66% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. This content is for educational purposes only and is not investment advice.
Start your own website
Interested in generating passive income? You need a website. It’s THE way to make money while you sleep.
Starting a website with Bluehost takes less than 20 minutes, costs hardly anything and can be done by an 82 year-old. It only takes a bit of plugging on social media to get your first visitors, and there are plenty of ways to monetise your site.
Save the Student is just one example of a successful website, started at university by Owen Burek in his first year, which has since grown into a full-time and sizable enterprise.
Read Owen’s step-by-step guide on how to start a website in 20 minutes. It’s really one of the best assets you can have.
Review websites & apps for cash
Well it seems like you’re pretty nifty with a web browser, so perhaps it’s time to turn pro and browse websites as a paid and fun job!
Introducing UserTesting.com – a new platform that pays everyday people to review all kinds of websites. Each review takes around 20 minutes and bags you $10 (£6.50) via Paypal.
Simply sign up here, complete a test review and look forward to receiving websites in your inbox.
The ‘Disney Vault’ secret
Credit: Walt Disney Pictures Inc.
To keep demand high across generations, Disney Studios carefully restrict the supply of some home release classics. They are locked away in the ‘vault’ for 8-10 years before being released for a short unspecified time.
Buy them in this window at normal retail price and you can turn a nice profit when they go off sale for another decade or so.
For example, in 2020 you could buy Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray 3D for just £24.99. In just a couple of years it was on Amazon for a staggering £74.99!
Importantly, not all Disney releases are subject to the vault and only the true classics will maintain such demand.
Right now there are just 2 titles out of the vault which I would recommend snapping up. They are Bambi Diamond Edition Blu-ray and The Lion King Diamond Edition Blu-ray.
‘Get Paid To’ sites
Similar to making money from online surveys, GPT sites reward you in cash and vouchers for completing various offers or activities online.
The most popular sites today are Toluna, Swagbucks and InboxPounds.
Become a delivery rider or driver
Got a bicycle, motorbike or car? What about a Smartphone? That’s all you need to make some extra money by delivering food or people whenever you’ve got some spare time.
Sign up to delivery specialist companies like Deliveroo who are always on the hunt for new riders. They allow you total flexibility to work when you want, delivering food from restaurants to the customers’ door. You can make up to £16 an hour.
Double-up your opportunities by directly contacting local takeaways and bigger chains like Dominos to see if they have any delivery jobs going.
Write and publish a Kindle eBook
If students are good at anything, it’s researching and writing. With the Amazon Kindle store, anyone can publish an eBook and make money.
And the Kindle app is now available on almost any device (laptops, iPads, smartphones and yes, Kindles) so your global market is huge!
List your book for £1.49 – £6.99 and you earn 70% of the sale. Considering Amazon is the ultimate selling machine (and remember people are looking to spend), that is a fantastic deal.
The key to success with eBooks is to create value, and write non-fiction. Simply bundling information you have researched and compiled on a common problem (eg. ‘secrets’ to finding a job) and then presenting it in an easy to digest format (an eBook) justifies someone spending a few quid on it.
Another big tip is to have a great cover designed (browse these) so it stands out, and once your book is live on the Kindle store it’s really important to get some reviews so it shows up higher in results. Encourage readers to leave an honest review at the end of your book.
The best thing about this lucrative idea is that once you’ve invested the time (say 20 hours), you’ll earn a passive income for years to come! For a step-by-step guide to publishing and earning with eBooks, see “How to write a nonfiction eBook in 21 days“.
If you’ve got a good presence on social media or perhaps you even have a blog or website, you can start bringing in money immediately by promoting all sorts of companies, products, services and offers online.
Sign up as a publisher on the Awin network, check their offers blog or browse the merchant listings to find something you think your friends would be interested in, grab your affiliate link and share it. If someone buys (can be within up to 90 days) using your link you’ll make a nice commission.
To take it a step further, set up a website (read our guide) or a topical Facebook page and invite all your friends to join it and post your affiliate offers on there.
Mobile phone recycling
You can earn good money and help the environment by recycling your old mobile phones and other unused devices. Maybe ask your parents if they have any lying around too.
Head to our page on making money from old phones for the best companies to use and how to ensure you get all the cash quoted to you online.
Become a ‘Clickworker’
The Clickworker.com concept is based on ‘internet crowd-sourcing’ where businesses advertise specific, scalable tasks they need completing quickly. And for us, it’s an easy way to make fast cash from our couch.
There are a variety of tasks, but most commonly they involve mindless data entry, web research or form filling. You are rewarded and paid in cash (via Paypal) for the work you do, and you can choose for what and when you work. Give it a go. [If you’re US based, also try Amazon’s ‘Mechanical Turk’].
Claim tax back
Many students work part-time or during the summer months, and others will be on placements or paid internships. More often than not, if you are a student working during the year, you will be overpaying income tax.
Why? Simply because few students reach the personal tax-free income allowance each year but are put on an emergency basic tax-code by their employers meaning tax is being paid when it shouldn’t be.
To learn more and calculate how much tax back you might be due, see our guide on student tax refunds.
Get cashback when shopping
I earned this much in 2 years
This is not only a way to make money but also to save money as a student. If you look at it in a different way then you are making money with every purchase you would have made anyway, whether it be 10% or 0.5% cashback.
There are a number of cashback sites out there which pay you the commission they otherwise would have earned.
We recommend signing up with Top Cashback, Quidco.com and Swagbucks which are free and offer the best selection of retailers and exclusives.
A part-time job is the obvious first choice, opted for by most students looking to supplement their student loan. It provides a pretty steady flow of income and can enable you to gain valuable work experience.
But good jobs are not always easy to find!
Start with our student job search, then check local classifieds and your university careers service for vacancies.
It’s also worth signing up with CV Library, a free service which will match your CV with suitable part-time jobs and career opportunities.
Read our guide to finding a part-time job whilst studying for more tips.
Gigs on Fiverr
Fiverr is now the world’s largest marketplace for people to make money selling small services (known as ‘gigs’).
What you offer could be absolutely anything, from writing and translating, social media posting, playing pranks and teaching to creating music, voiceovers and short video clips for people all around the world!
The default price is $5 (hence Fiverr..), but you can attach extra services to gigs for more money. Whilst it might not seem like much, it can quickly add up and there are plenty of examples of people making a really good living from the site. The key is to get a system in place which minimises the time spent on each gig.
But there is another way to profit even more from Fiverr for potentially far less work. How? By simply reselling gigs elsewhere. For example, find a decent logo designer then reply to jobs on Upwork or even local classifieds. A $5 spend can easily become $50+, and it’s repeatable!
If you’re not interested in selling at all there’s SO much good stuff you can get done for yourself. Have a browse and get inspired!
Review music for money
If you love music, make it your business by reviewing unsigned bands and artists online for cash with Slicethepie.
It can take a while to build up your reputation but some users of the site have said that they earn £40 a month. This may not sound like much, but if it’s something you enjoy then it shouldn’t be hard work and is another thing for your CV. Money you earn will be in $US but anyone can sign up and review.
To get started, head over to Slicethepie now or read our quick guide for more info.
Sell your notes
If you don’t mind sharing your notes with other students it’s a great way to generate a little extra cash. There are sites out there that you can upload your notes to, along with your price, and then when another student downloads them you get paid.
Most of these sites like Nexus Notes and Stuvia are free for you to list your notes but tend to take a cut of your profit in order to handle the marketing etc so that you don’t have to go out there and promote your notes yourself.
You will most likely have to upload PDFs but it’s worth it for the return and you can submit handwritten notes but you’re likely to make more money if they’re typed up.
Sell second-hand course books
One great way to make money is to buy other students’ textbooks at the end of the year, and then sell them just after freshers’ week – when the new intake of students know that they need them!
You can either advertise on campus or list them online very easily on Amazon Marketplace (just bear in mind they take a commission on books sold).
Entering competitions of course comes with no guarantees, but there is a growing community of so-called ‘compers’ in the UK consistently making up to £50,000 a year through all sorts of competitions.
Types of competitions available to enter vary from simple registration forms and Facebook page liking to answering questions correctly over the phone to being a TV game show contestant. Imagine you made it onto Deal or No Deal instead of just watching it!
Start by entering our very own monthly student competition (Follow our Instagram page to see when our next one is)!
Then head to our active competitions page to enter other free competitions that we have found. Just note that some of these sites may send you spam so use an alias email address and opt-out of as many of the offers as possible.
For loads more tips on achieving success and making money from competitions, read our guide to entering competitions.
Buy and sell domain names
A domain name is just a website address (eg. ‘savethestudent.org’ or ‘mysite.co.uk’) and there are lots of extensions (.com, .net, .co.uk etc).
They cost as little as $0.99 to register with GoDaddy.com yet premium domain names can fetch $1,000s if not millions when sold on. In 2007 VacationRentals.com went for a cool $35m!
Now you’re probably not going to come across anything like that, but you can still turn a quick profit with a bit of searching. The trick is to find available domain names which have some commercial value, snap them up and then list them for sale on a site like Sedo.com.
Today becoming a mystery shopper is easier than you think and you can get rewarded handsomely.
There are dozens of agencies that pay you to visit all sorts of shops and restaurants to feedback on how they are performing. We’ve reviewed the best agencies in our guide how to become a mystery shopper.
Tasking apps are another form of mystery shopping, where you earn rewards for completing small local tasks. It can be a lot of fun too!
Be an Extra
Do you fancy yourself as a budding young actor or just that person that walks past in the background shot of an episode of Eastenders? It could be you if you apply to be an extra in TV or film.
The pay isn’t bad either: £60-80 a day on average, and you hardly have to do anything!
There are lots of casting agencies that place willing extras. They make their money by taking a cut from your earnings, so always ask what that is before you take on work.
Head over to our how to become an extra guide for 5 of the better agencies, plus lots more advice on getting your first gig.
Sell all your old CDs, games and movies
If you are looking to make a very quick buck, then selling your old bits and bobs that are cluttering up your room is a good idea.
The best thing about it is that you can rip all the songs and films onto your laptop or external hard drive before selling them. This means that you are only really selling the plastic and artwork!
You can earn anything from 10p to £20 per item, and the earnings can really add up if you have a large collection. Whilst you’re at it, see if your parents have any ‘clutter’ they’d be happy to see the back of.
You can also sell almost anything for free on Amazon Marketplace or Preloved and sites like MusicMagpie will pay you instantly for sending in unwanted items.
For more tips and places to sell check out our guide on selling DVDs, CDs and games.
Sell on your education!
Becoming a tutor to other students is easier than ever. Until recently your market was limited to local face-to-face sessions, but thanks to online tutoring sites you can go global!
Udemy allows anyone to create an online course (on literally anything!) and get paid forever after as users take it up.
For one-to-one tutoring, list yourself on Superprof and UK Tutors.
You can expect to earn upwards of £10 an hour, and you don’t have to be highly qualified to tutor younger GCSE or even A Level students. Get started with our guide to making money as a private tutor.
Sell your photos
If you think you’ve got a good shot and a little creativity, try uploading your photographs for free to stock websites. A good starting point is Adobe Stock or Getty Images.
Make more money selling photo subjects that have fewer search results but you feel would have some demand. It might be a good idea to test them out in print first yourself (get free photo prints here).
Rent out your car parking space
Some student accommodation comes with a drive or garage. If you aren’t using your parking space and you live in a busy area then you might be in luck. There are plenty of people that may work in the city centre and are fed up of paying through the roof for daily parking.
Advertise your space on Gumtree, Parklet or Just Park.
It’s a classic money-maker, and for good reason. You get paid (well) to watch TV and not very much else – hopefully!
If you are wondering what to charge have a look at local ads, but you can expect to be paid over £9ph even if you aren’t trained in childcare.
Aside from advertising yourself, it’s free to create a profile on Care Babysitting. It really can be easy money (unless you get stuck with the child from hell!).
Our guide to babysitting walks you through the main considerations. For instance, in the UK you will need a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check to look after small children, even though some parents may not ask for one.
Dog walking & sitting
If babies ain’t your thing, then maybe canines are. dog sitting is big business. Students especially are likely to have free time during the day when others are out at work and worried about their pets at home.
You could bag around £8 an hour per dog, and it’s also a great way to keep fit.
Join Care Pet Care who are best for dog sitting and also Tailster who specialise in dog walkers.
Become your own bank
‘Peer-to-peer’ lending is the future of banking. It cuts out the middle-man, passing on higher interest rates to you and cheaper loans to borrowers. And it’s all managed online from the comfort of your sofa.
Founded in 2020, RateSetter was the first to reimburse lenders on late payments or defaults through its ‘Provision Fund’. Effectively it is designed to be like a normal savings account. To date RateSetter say no investors have ever lost money, and they are fully FCA regulated.
Right now you can expect to achieve up to 4% fixed return, depending on how long you choose to lend for. If you can, go for the ISA account to earn interest tax-free.
Update: for a limited time also get this £20 bonus when you deposit just £10.
Work as a charity collector
Ok, so this job takes a certain kind of person, as you’ll have to take a lot of rejection and be persistent.
But if you are bubbly, personable and reckon you could sell ice to an Eskimo then this could actually be a great student money making idea. You get paid commission on new sign ups (typically around £20).
Have a look at Wesser as well as charity websites like Oxfam.
Rent out your house for filming
Directors for TV and film are always on the hunt for houses to film in. For instance, a scene for Coronation Street was recently filmed in the student house one of the Save the Student editors used to live in!
Not only can you make good money but it’s crazy seeing your own place on TV. Start out by looking at this site.
Rent out your body
If you are comfortable taking off your kit then why not try life modelling. Sit there in the buff while budding artists capture your every curve (or pokey bits) in frightening detail! Try RAM, a website especially designed for these kind of jobs.
You could also get involved in clinical drug trials, but be sure you fully appreciate any risks attached.
Warning: Do not do anything you are not comfortable with, no matter how desperate you are for money!
Perhaps you enjoy writing, managing Facebook pages or doing a little bit of graphic design in your spare time. There are so many freelance jobs out there that require simple skills or just time that someone else might not have.
And the best thing about freelancing is that you can work for clients in the UK and around the world with just an internet connection from home, to your own hours whilst developing valuable skills.
A great place to start is with the leading freelance site Upwork.com. Or try using our student job search to find freelance jobs closer to home.
Sell clothes on eBay
Everyone’s best friend when it comes to getting rid of junk is eBay. Online auctions are a sure-fire way to turn that sleeveless jacket (which came in and out of fashion in a week) into hard cash.
Some eBay sellers look at trends and try to predict what will be big ahead of the market. If you are good and don’t mind taking a risk then you can buy early in bulk and sell on when the craze hits.
For lots more tips on selling on eBay read this guide.
Sell your stories and videos
If you have an interesting story then you could try selling it to the papers. It could be anything from sleeping with a professional footballer to getting caught in a clothes horse!
One of the Save the Student team was unfortunate enough to have a pigeon fly through and smash their window at university and sold the story to The Sun for a tidy £50.
You could also film your mates at all times and send it into You’ve Been Framed to net yourself £250 and a few seconds of fame.
According to recent stats we now watch more videos on YouTube than searches on Google. And with the recently introduced YouTube Partner Program you can now profit from making and uploading videos. You will receive a percentage of the advertising revenue collected per 1,000 views.
Depending on how successful you are (virality, subscriber base and topic) you can make a lot of money, and there are plenty of stories every week of more and more YouTubers making it their career.
Also known as Multi-Level Marketing (MLM), this is a business model that allows you to generate ongoing income in two ways: by making a commission selling products and by recruiting other members who go on to sell. The latter allows you to make money from the sales made by those you have recruited.
Importantly, this is not a pyramid scheme (they are illegal) because there is an end goal which involves a customer buying a product or service of value.
It’s also not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. You will have to work I’m afraid! However with the growth of social media, network marketing is becoming easier and lots of people are now making a decent living from it.
This is a serious way of making good money on your own terms and it’s well worth reading up on it. I recommend getting “The Business of the 21st Century” by Robert Kiyosaki.
Source property for wealthy investors
We all know how much money there is in property, but on the surface (with house prices as high as they are) you might be thinking this market is off-limits.
Truth is, lots of people make a great deal of cash simply sourcing suitable properties for wealthy investors who simply have no time.
The trick is to find properties below market value (BMV) by avoiding estate agents and instead flyering your area with your contact details offering to buy houses. Then approach investors with a no-brainer offer to pass on the details of cut-price property in exchange for a % of the sale value.
Most cities will have monthly networking events for landlords and property investors. Track these down, sign up, put on your best suit and go along with lots of business cards. Or you could start on LinkedIn or even Twitter to build some initial contacts.
As you might imagine, this isn’t necessarily a quick way to make money but once you’ve got a few investors in your phone book it can prove to be very lucrative in the long run. If you’re interested, I recommend reading this book.
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
Update. We’re increasingly being asked about how to make money from Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies). This isn’t surprising given the ever-growing hype and stories of kids making millions.
Please don’t rush into buying Bitcoin to make money. It’s really important to know what you’re getting involved with. Read our new how to buy Bitcoin tutorial which explains everything you need to know.
There are many other creative ways to make money as a student, such as our 50 business ideas.
How To Earn Money Online With Email Marketing
In this post, I’m letting you in on the one of the best ways to make money online. It’s super simple. In fact, it’s only one word, but it has built me multiple 7-figure businesses: Email.
Yes, Email. We all use it every day. It’s so familiar.
But maybe you haven’t noticed the tremendous BUSINESS opportunity of email because it’s been right under your nose.
Email doesn’t have the sexiness of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…etc. These trendy new platforms dominate the headlines and have a lot of hype around them.
But there’s still only ONE undisputed king. The same king that’s reigned for over 3 decades…
Email is the connective tissue of online business. And it has MASSIVE advantages that social media can’t even touch.
2 Major Advantages That Email Has Over Social Media
Advantage 1: The Sheer Number of People Who Use Email
More people use Email than anything else. It’s been around longer than anything else and its use continues to rise. Just look at these forecasts from The Radicati Group on worldwide email accounts.
- There are over 4.6 BILLION Email addresses and over 144.8 BILLION Emails sent EVERY day! (Source:
- Facebook only has 1.79 billion monthly active users (Source: Zephoria.com)
- Twitter only has 317 million monthly active users (Source: Statista.com)
Does that put things in perspective?
Advantage 2: Email Allows YOU to Be In Complete Control of Your Business, Income and Future
There isn’t another marketing opportunity, search engine or social media platform that gives you the CONTROL that Email does.
If you put all of your eggs in one social media basket, that company has the ability to instantly flip the switch and leave you with nothing. You have zero control over these companies’ policies. Why would you build a business on such shaky ground?
Editorial credit: REDPIXEL.PL / Shutterstock, Inc.
Here are just a couple of real-life examples from my personal experience:
Example #1: Theft By Google
Years ago, I was generating $600K a year through Google AdWords. I was on top of the world… UNTIL Google shut my account down overnight with ZERO notice.
It was like they STOLE $600,000 from me!
Example #2: Shutdown By Facebook
Just recently, I was kicking butt on Facebook. Sure, I was spending a lot ($5,000+ a day!)… but for every $1 I spent on Facebook advertising, I was bringing in over $2! So, my $5,000 spend would make me about $10,000.
Yet, without any warning or explanation, Facebook shut me down.
Combined, that’s about 2.4 million per year that I lost simply because I HAD NO CONTROL.
These examples aren’t exceptions either. This kind of stuff happens all the time. A couple years ago, Facebook changed the algorithms for their fan pages. Overnight, posts were getting a mere fraction of the engagement (views, clicks…etc.) they had before.
As I’m sure you can image, this was devastating to anyone whose business relied on Facebook.
What Differentiates Email is that YOU OWN YOUR LIST.
No one can take your Email list away from you. Even if your Email service provider goes out of business, you still have your list.
Therefore, building an Email list, and marketing to those subscribers, is the safest business model possible. You continually grow it and nurture it… and it continuously rewards you with engagement and income.
Your Email list becomes your asset for the long haul.
Email lists have been the backbone of multiple 7-figure businesses of mine. 13 years ago, it was the core of my business. Even though my business has grown exponentially, Email still remains the core of my business today.
That will NEVER change.
The Proof – A Glimpse At What’s Possible.
CASE STUDY 1: How I Made a $1,103,086 Payday In Just 12 Days
Listen, not every campaign is going to be a home run. Believe me, I’ve struck out my fair share. But every once in a while, BOOM! In 2020, my home run was making $1,103,086 after just 12 days.
Here’s how it happened:
- I teamed up with a great, high-ticket affiliate offer priced at $3,500.
- I sent 18 Emails over just 12 days. Yes, that’s more than normal — But the results prove it works!
- I added 81,876 subscribers to my list! That means, that even AFTER this rock star promotion, I made quite a bit of money from this list!
I know you may be thinking: “Yes, but Anik, I don’t have the connections and money you have. How could I possibly get those kinds of results?”
While you probably won’t make over a million dollars on your first go, I believe you can put yourself on the fast-track to build your own email marketing business… especially with the simple 5-Step System I’m about to show you.
As the stoic philosopher Seneca once said, “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
Here’s a very realistic payday that’s possible for someone using my system.
CASE STUDY 2: How I Made $8,800 In Commissions AND A Prize of $12,000 In The Same Launch
I promoted one of Dr. Joe Vitale’s products in the Personal Development space. It was very inexpensive — just $40! And I set up everything I needed for the campaign in only 45 MINUTES flat. Easy!
- I sold 220 units and made $8,800.
- Because I did so well, I even WON a prize valued at $12K!
- Plus, I added 6,000 more subscribers to my Email list!
While these types of results may not be typical nor expected, MANY of my students have also been able to create amazing paydays for themselves.
I’m not saying that you’re going to make thousands of dollars off the first Email you send. However, these case studies stand to show you what’s possible. The opportunity is out there for those who are willing to grab it.
And what do ALL of them have in common? They all used…
My 5-Step Email Marketing System (AKA One of the Easiest Ways to Make Money Online)
What if I told you that you could run an online business with virtually no technology or experience?
Well, you can with this simple 5-step system.
You see, technology can be intimidating for most people. But I’ve created a system that leverages simple technology which anyone can implement. Plus, it’s all automated.
Email Marketing has staggering advantages over other online business models. With my system, there is NO NEED to:
- Spend years building a blog following
- Struggle to attract millions of website visitors just to make pennies off of Google AdSense
- Settle for the razor thin margins of eCommerce
- Build your whole business on a third party platform like Amazon or Ebay (and therefore give all of your control away)
- Spend months or years creating products for a digital publishing business
My system is the ONLY online business model that:
- Gives you complete control
- Takes just a few hours to set up (or less)
- Gives you great profit margins
- Becomes an asset for the rest of your life (and beyond)
People want a system that WORKS for them… Not a system that forces them to WORK.
Here are the steps to my proven, easy and reliable 5-Step Email Marketing System…
Step #1: Choose Your Niche
The category you pick to build your business around can either have you happily swimming in profits or painfully struggling with disappointment.
All of your results and all of your success hinges on the category you choose.
There are categories that have been proven to work over and over again, and there are other categories that simply aren’t worth pursuing.
While there are a lot of categories, 3 are proven over and over again to be the most profitable: Health, Wealth, and Relationships.
Choose your category first, and then choose a sub-category within this category. The sub-category is called your “niche.”
For example, “Health” is a category and “Women’s Weight Loss” is a niche within the “Health” category. Another example would be the “Wealth” category and the “Real Estate” niche within that category.
There are literally dozens of categories and hundreds of niches to choose from.
If you pick a niche within any of these categories, you have a HUGE advantage from the very beginning.
How to Choose a Niche With the Greatest Profit Potential
Here’s a simple 5-point checklist that helps you choose the BEST NICHE.
- Choose a niche that people really want to learn about.
- Choose a niche that is vibrant and exciting for markets today. You may be good at shoe repair, but how many people are repairing shoes today?
- Choose a niche that people are willing to buy information about. Bird watching may be fun, but are people paying to learn more about it?
- Choose a niche that has a lot of competition. Go to http://www.ClickBank.com to check out how popular your niche is.
- Choose a niche that is digital friendly. While learning about essential oils can be done through online, testing and buying those oils is not digital friendly.
Another point that cannot be ignored is PASSION. If you aren’t passionate about a niche, forget it. It will only become another job for you and your prospects will feel your lack of passion.
You want to pick a niche you’re excited to learn about and share with people. My most successful students pick a profitable niche that they’re also passionate about.
Choose your niche carefully. Start your business on the best foot possible by selecting the best niche possible, so you can maximize your ways to make money online.
Step #2: The Only 1-Page Website Ever Needed
Here’s a crippling myth: You need a big fancy website in order to make money online.
This isn’t the case at all. All you need is one single page.
This 1-page website can’t just be any kind of page. It needs to be an OPT-IN PAGE.
The sole purpose of an opt-in page is to entice people to give you their Email addresses. This goes hand-in-hand with the primary objective of any Email marketer.
The #1 goal of an Email marketer is to COLLECT EMAIL ADDRESSES.
Most websites might look nice and have great functionality, yet the overwhelming majority of people visit and never come back.
If you have an opt-in page, it drives people to provide you with their Email addresses. This ensures continued communication with people who visit your site. This is so important.
Your 1-page opt-in site will ultimately become the engine for your Email Marketing Business. This is what generates quality leads to turn into sales.
Secrets to a High-Converting Opt-In Page
There are 4 key elements that are essential to a high-converting opt-in page:
1. Opt-In Box
The whole point of an opt-in page is to get people to opt-in, right?
In order to ensure this, your opt-in box must be visible and have clear instructions. Prospects should notice it right away and easily be able to provide their Email address.
Your headline is the first thing people see when they get to your page. It should clearly state what the prospects will receive in exchange for their Email address.
Poor headline examples: “Please Give Us Your Email Address” (Yes, I’ve seen that one before) OR “Get My Free Report”
Good headline example: “FREE Underground Report: Steal My Secrets To Gain 11 LBS of Pure Muscle WITHOUT Lifting Weights”
3. Image of Your Free Gift
People won’t just give you their Email address for no reason. You need to offer something that benefits them in exchange for their Email address.
This is why having a free gift is so important. A free gift could be anything from a downloadable PDF like a free report or an ebook, or something of another format like a free video or audio. It could even be a physical book (although that’s a little more advanced.)
4. Bullet Points
Having bullet points that highlight the value of your free gift will increase your conversions. Though bullet points are optional (I’ve seen pages convert excellently without them), putting in this extra bit of effort can optimize your opt-in page.
Step #3: Choose a Winning Affiliate Offer
Affiliate Marketing: Promoting someone else’s product and getting a commission for every sale you make
Choosing the right affiliate offer is a lot like choosing the right niche.
Some offers will seem to promote themselves and make you money in your sleep (literally), while others will flop even when you try your hardest.
Not all affiliate offers are created equal. This is why it’s so important to choose a winning affiliate offer.
4 Ways To Choose Winning Affiliate Offers
1. Dig a Little
Affiliate offers are all over the internet. You can find many of the best ones in affiliate networks, such as www.ClickBank.com.
Inside ClickBank, check what’s called the Gravity Score. That’s a measure of the popularity of an affiliate offer.
With JVZoo, simply look at the Top Sellers.
You can even do a quick search on Google for “keyword + Affiliate Program”. That will give you a good idea of what’s being searched for on Google.
Those are some of the best options to find affiliate programs and ways to make money online.
Red Flag Warning: If you’re having a hard time finding affiliate offers for your niche, stay away from that niche! Believe me, lots of competition is a good thing when it comes to choosing affiliate offers. If there’s nothing available, guess what? Nobody’s interested!
2. Review Their Marketing
Want to know which affiliate offers attract the most customers?
Pretend as if you’re their customer. Watch their video sales letter. Read through their sales page. Is it captivating? Does it make you want to buy? If it does, they probably sell a lot of their products. That’s a good sign.
3. Subscribe to Their Emails
Here’s a great tip. Before you commit to choosing any affiliate offer, get on their Email list. Then read their Emails for a couple weeks.
You’ll immediately be able to differentiate the winning ones from the rest.
4. Review Their Product
Most affiliates will give you a copy of their product to review. Once they do, go through it with a careful eye. If it’s great quality, it may be worth going with them as an affiliate offer.
You should only be considering offers that you know will actually help your subscribers. Providing value will give you a genuine, lasting rapport with your list.
Step #4: Create a Great Free Gift
As I said before, people aren’t just going to give you their Email address. So how do you collect Email addresses then?
You need to offer something of value in exchange for someone’s Email address. If you offer a free gift with great value, your conversion rates will skyrocket and your list will grow exponentially.
The most common free gifts are PDF files like reports, ebooks or workbooks. But you can also offer a free video or audio file. Your free gift should simply offer tremendous value to your subscribers.
Here’s an example.
For most niches, a PDF report is a good option. But for something like the meditation niche, guided meditations is an example of a solid free gift.
2 Ways To Create Your Free Value-Rich Gift
- The Hard Way – Create the free gift yourself. If it’s a free report, you’re going to write it. The benefit of doing this is that you have complete control of the content. If you’re a solid writer, this could be a good option for you.
The process of writing your own free report doesn’t have to be as difficult as it may seem. While it can be a lot of work, there is a basic process you can follow to make it less daunting.
Here are the basic steps of creating your own report:
- Create an Outline – The more detailed the outline, the easier it will be to write.
- Write the Report – Focus on writing one section at a time. This “chunking” practice will help you avoid being overwhelmed.
- Format the Report for Digital Download
- Design a Report Cover
- The Easy Way – This consists of hiring someone else to create your free gift. There are so many phenomenal websites out there that connect you with talented writers.
By having an expert create your free gift, you will save a lot of time and many headaches.
The disadvantage with this approach is that it will cost you money. However, on many of the sites below, you can get a free gift created for well under $200.
The best websites to find freelancers:
Website #1: upwork.com
Website #2: fiverr.com
Website #3: guru.com
Website #4: freelancer.com
Website #5: iwriter.com
Now you know just how quick and easy it is to create your free report. There’s just one more thing to do… Write your Emails.
Step #5: Send Your Emails
What do you call an Email marketer who rarely Emails their list?
You want to build up to make $1/month off of every subscriber you have. This means with a list of 10,000 people, which is generating $10,000/month.
How much you make per subscriber every month is entirely dependent on your Email strategy.
Here’s a crucial tip: To achieve the levels of income you want, you need to Email your list regularly.
There are 2 ways to send Emails to your list: Autoresponders and Broadcasting.
Don’t worry. both are a piece of cake.
Email Strategy #1 – Autoresponders (Set it & Forget It)
The name says it all.
Autoresponders are Emails that are automatically sent to your list.
This often takes the form of an automated Email series. The first Email might be a thank you Email, the next might be an introduction to a problem your prospect is facing, the third might be a relevant promotion of an affiliate product…etc.
While autoresponders are a great hands-off strategy, I don’t recommend them as your primary means of Email communication. The reason for this is it lacks a personal touch and dynamic adaptability.
For example, what if one of the autoresponders that I set up months ago references a celebrity who recently passed away. Not only do I come across as out-of-touch, I may even offend a certain segment of my audience.
Because of this, I highly recommend using the second Email strategy.
Email Strategy #2 – Broadcasting (The Personalized and Preferred Approach)
Broadcast Emails are my bread and butter. This is the lifeblood of my Email Marketing business.
90% of Emails I send to my students are broadcasted. This simply means that I write the Email and send it. This Email is delivered to my whole list (or a chosen segment of my list if I want).
Essentially, broadcasting is like a personal Email that goes out to a bunch of people. It allows you to add a much more personal touch to your Emails, provide relevant information and adjust according to current trends and/or events.
I’ve seen the greatest results from doing Broadcast Emails, so that’s why I recommend eventually moving to them in a big way.
Now that you know the best way to send Emails, what about the types of Emails to send? That’s what I’ll show you next…
Mix It Up To Create Continuous Engagement
You can’t just Email your list the same exact type of Email over and over again.
If you do this, people are going to either ignore your Emails or unsubscribe pretty quickly. The surefire way to dry up your list is to always send the same kind of Emails. Switching things up keeps your audience engaged and interested.
There are essentially 3 different types of Emails: Content, Promotional and Hybrid.
Type 1: Content Emails – These educate your audience, provide value and share useful information.
An example of a content Email would be workout tips, if your business is in the fitness niche.
Type 2: Promotional Emails – You make money by selling. This is what promotional Emails are for. Remember that the people who joined your list are interested in what you have to offer. So don’t be afraid to promote!
An example of a promotional Email would be an Email that links to a Video Sales Letter.
Type 3: Hybrid Emails – Hybrid Emails are not only my favorite, but the best performing as well. They come across as content and provide value, yet they blend in some salesmanship. Hybrid Emails work so well because no one feels like they’re just being sold to.
The most effective example of Hybrid Emails involves storytelling. When you tell a story, you’re providing captivating content, in which you can seamlessly add a link to a sales page.
Now that you know the best ways to send emails and the different types, I want to talk about the best tool.
I believe the Best Email Marketing Suite out there is Sendlane. Sure, I’m one of the owners, but the part that makes Sendlane stand above the rest is the high level of deliverability. After all, if your Emails aren’t being delivered… what’s the point?
Just for our #LurnNation community, I’m giving you a Free 30-Day Trial.
Ok. You’ve got all the steps. But before you get started, there is a special bonus step that is crucial to your success as an Email marketer.
BONUS Step #6: Maybe The MOST Important — Driving Traffic
What use is all of this if you don’t have people actually visiting your opt-in page?
This is where traffic comes in. No, not the “beep-beep” traffic. I’m talking about hordes of hungry prospects coming to your page and giving you their Email addresses.
Traffic is the fuel of your Email Marketing business. Without traffic, you have no leads. Without any leads, who are you going to market to?
Getting traffic to your site can be a major obstacle for some people, but it doesn’t have to be.
The 2 Major Types Of Traffic
Free traffic is basically relying on searches and social media for traffic. It can take months to drive a significant amount of traffic this way. That’s why, for this business model, I recommend investing in traffic as well.
Some people use the term “paid traffic.” I think of traffic as more of an investment though. When you buy stocks, you don’t say you PAY for stocks, you say you INVEST in stocks. The same principle applies to traffic. Traffic is an investment.
Investing in traffic can increase the number of visitors to your site (and number of subscribers) very quickly. However, if not carefully implemented and rigorously tracked, paying for traffic can be a black hole for your budget.
If you’re smart about investment traffic, it will easily pay for itself and turn you a profit faster than any other kind of business.
There are many, many ways to invest in traffic. Here are just some of them:
- Facebook Ads
- Google Adwords
- Solo Ads*
*Solo ads are a highly effective strategy where you basically rent someone else’s Email list in your niche. You not only get more traffic and sales, but simultaneously build your list. And the prospects you add to your list are already interested and highly engaged to begin with (because they’re on someone else’s list in your niche). It doesn’t get much better than that.
With traffic, you have to consider TIME VS MONEY. You can put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort in getting traffic, or you can spend a little money and become profitable very quickly.
That’s just the basics of traffic. There’s a lot more to it, but that could be another blog post in and of itself.
After reading this, you now know more about Email Marketing than most Email marketers. How about that?
Let’s summarize a bit…
- EMAIL IS KING. Remember that. The number of people who use Email is more than any social media platform. Email IS NOT going anywhere either.
- With Email Marketing, you’re in control. No company can cut you off and destroy your business overnight. Having control is powerful in any business.
- Email Marketing and promoting affiliate offers are the easiest and most effective ways to make money online. I showed you how simple it really is.
All you have to do is follow my 5-Step System…
STEP 1. Choose A Niche
STEP 2. Build A One-Page Website (AN OPT-IN PAGE)
STEP 3. Choose A Winning Affiliate Offer
STEP 4. Create A Great Free Gift
STEP 5. Send Emails
[BONUS] STEP 6. Drive Traffic
Learn How To Earn Money Online With Email Marketing
It’s really a simple formula, right? Anyone can do it.
Honestly, this is among the fastest ways to make money online and start a profitable business.
Now you just need to put this into practice.
Are you ready to take action?
To support you in the process of starting your very own online business, don’t miss my Success Weekly Replay, where I cover all of this in great detail.
35 Real Ways to Actually Make Money Online
How many articles are there about making money online? Thousands? Millions? Enough? Probably. But there’s a problem. Too many of them are just sales pitches to convince you to sign up for some seminar, webinar, training session or some other way to become an online millionaire.
They really give online money making a bad name. But it is possible to make money online. I mean, the people selling all of those millionaire pitches are making money, right?
There are legitimate ways to make money online. The problem is that the real ways to make money aren’t “get rich quick” schemes.
Most of them require a lot of work and sometimes a lot of dedication before seeing a return on your time. But if you really want to make money online, work from home or turn an idea into a business, you can do it. You can even earn money with apps if you don’t want to venture all the way to the computer.
I’m going to tell you about all kinds of legitimate ways to make money online. Since we are talking about legitimate jobs, you’ve got to be…well, legitimate. And no, you don’t have to give everything up to have a fresh start. (Here’s the proof.)
Many of these options are real jobs that require you to put in hours if you want to get paid. They also require real work. Here are some tips for actually getting the job:
- Take it seriously. Yes, you’re applying for an online job. Yes, you can do the work in your underwear, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a “real job”. You must treat it as such or they aren’t going to treat you as a serious candidate. You aren’t the only one who wants to work in their underwear. In fact, the competition online is likely higher than it is in your local area.
- Be professional. When you submit a résumé, don’t type it in ALL CAPS and please don’t avoid the caps lock like the plague. Know how to use it without looking incompetent. Write in complete sentences with proper grammar. Of course, there will be exceptions, but even with the exceptions, you must keep it professional. You’re building their view of you.
- Give some, but not all. Whether you’re providing writing samples, a photography portfolio or links to your work, give them enough examples to get the idea, but not so many that they don’t even know where to start. And while we’re on the topic, give them some of your background information, but don’t tell them your life story.
- Double check yourself, before you double wreck yourself. Make sure everything you send to a company, whether a résumé, an email or a portfolio, is good to go. Double check your grammar and wording, and for God’s sake use spell check! This is especially important when it comes to the company’s name. Don’t spell their name wrong and be sure to type it how they type it (e.g. Problogger, not Pro Blogger).
Below are 35 ways to make money online orgainzed into categories (with unique tips to make each way work):
Table of Contents
Websites That Pay
Let’s go ahead and get this out of the way. There are all kinds of websites that will pay you for various things, such as shopping, taking surveys or testing products. No, I’m not getting paid to promote any of these and no, these websites won’t make you a millionaire, but they are great for earning some extra cash. I’ll leave out the scams.
Here are some legitimate websites that pay:
1. Swagbucks – Swagbucks is great for earning some extra cash. You can do a variety of things to make money, from taking surveys to using their search engine. You won’t get rich, but you will earn a few bucks. If you have the time to kill, you can spend it earning some extra cash, instead of surfing the web.
2. InboxDollars – InboxDollars is similar to Swagbucks, since you’re going to be taking surveys, shopping, etc., so if you want to maximize your return, sign up with both websites. They also offer a search engine that pays you (like Swagbucks) and you get $5 just for signing up. I won’t continue to list survey sites one after another down the list, but if you want to get paid to take surveys, also check out GlobalTestMarket, E-Poll Surveys and Survey Club.
– Project Payday is one of those sites that has testimonials of people who have earned thousands of dollars by getting paid to get trial offers. I’m not saying you’ll earn thousands, but it is legit and you can earn some extra cash. They assume that by paying you to do a free trial, you’ll either like the product and purchase it, or forget to cancel the trial and get charged for it. If you can keep track and cancel before you get charged (if you don’t want the product), then this is a great site for making some money.
4. User Testing – User Testing pays $10 a pop for testing websites. A test usually takes about 15-20 minutes. The purpose is for a website owner to watch someone, who is new to their site, try to navigate it. The value that the site owner gets by watching an actual user experience is worth a ton, but $10 isn’t a bad pay-out.
5. Fiverr – Fiverr is a great place to make a few bucks or spend a few bucks if you need some of the services people offer. Basically, everything is $5. You either pay $5 or charge $5. They call them “gigs.” You can offer your services however you choose. If you sell art and you’re fine selling pieces for $5 each, that’s a gig. If you’re a graphic designer and you want to offer your services for $10/hour, simply offer a 30 minute gig. If they need two hours of graphic design, they pay you $20, or $10/hour by buying four gigs.
6. IZEA – IZEA works in addition to a blog or on its own. You get paid to blog, tweet, take photos and take videos. The pay is mostly based on your following, so if you want to make money with your tweets, you’ll need to grow you Twitter following. Likewise, if you want to make money with blogs, you’ll need substantial blog traffic (more on blogging below).
Freelance writing is one of the most popular ways to earn money online. Many successful freelancers can earn an average of 50 cents to a dollar per word. Some are earning twice that!
Of course, it doesn’t start out like that. You’ve got to build your portfolio and your résumé, blah blah blah. If you’re interested in writing, I’m sure you know this. If you’re not interested in writing, I wouldn’t recommend traveling down this road just for the money.
It takes dedication and time, though it can be highly profitable if it’s what you love. Assuming it is what you love, let’s talk about making money with it.
Before you decide to start reaching out to all of these freelance writing companies, you need to have a web presence. You need a blog (in my humble blogger opinion, of course).
Or you could just have an online portfolio. Even a LinkedIn profile works to get started. When you’re ready to start, here are 150 resources to help you write better, faster and more persuasively.
If that’s intimidating, just start with these 50 resources.
Now for what you’ve all been waiting for; once you’re ready to actually start making money, here are 10 websites you can start with:
7. Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
8. TopTenz – TopTenz pays $50 for each accepted post. Again, the article has to be in a list format and it must be at least 1,500 words, with few exceptions. They post often so your chances of getting accepted are fairly high.
9. A List Apart – A List Apart pays $200 for each accepted post. They’re not first on the list, because they tend to publish less articles, which means you have a smaller chance of getting accepted. Same guidelines as above, 1,500 word minimum.
10. International Living – International Living pays $75 for each accepted post. They are mostly looking for travel experiences from countries you have visited. For this site, it’s more about your experience than your writing ability.
11. FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays $50 for each accepted post. They are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. They only accept articles between 500-600 words, but they want you to make each word count.
12. Uxbooth – Uxbooth pays $100 for each accepted post. They do tend to take four to eight weeks to accept and post articles, so don’t count on this being a quick money maker. They take so long, because they pair with editors to only publish amazing content.
13. iWriter – iWriter pays up to $15 for each accepted post. That may seem small, but they aren’t as strict as many of the others above and they also allow you to pick exactly what you write. You can write as many or as few articles as you want.
14. Textbroker – Textbroker pays up to five cents per word, if you’re a 5-star writer. You’ll start by submitting a short sample article and you will most likely start as a 3-star writer, but you can work your way up by writing more and writing great content.
15. Matador Network – Matador Network pays up to $60 for each accepted post, but standard pay is around $20-$25. They don’t really focus on a minimum word count, but they have a maximum count of 1,500 words.
16. The Penny Hoarder – The Penny Hoarder pays up to $800 (rarely), depending upon the number of page views you receive. The pay starts at $100 for 50,000 page views, so this isn’t a guaranteed paid article, but it can potentially be highly rewarding.
There’s no doubt that you can make money with freelance writing, but it’s a process. Once you start building your portfolio and your writing skills, you can start making some serious money. If you’re not an experienced writer, expect to put some time in before you really start to see some dough.
Sell Your Stuff
Ever since the idea of online auctions came into existence, the online selling market has been on the rise. Many are interested, but don’t know how to get started. There are still all kinds of ways to make money by selling online, whether you’re selling what you already have or buying and selling like a store. Before we get started, here are a few general tips when selling anything online:
- Get a PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you’ll want to get one if you’re doing business online. It’s the standard in online business for receiving payment and paying others.
- Take good pictures. Some of the options below don’t require you to actually take the picture and sell the product, but for the ones that do, make sure you take a clear picture that makes your product stand out from the others. If you’re going to be taking a lot of pictures, set up a small “studio-like” area in your home with a backdrop and proper lighting to really make your pictures come across as professional. And of course, you’ll want a good camera too.
- Be honest. If you’re selling used items, be honest about every dent, scratch, blemish, etc.. This will reduce many issues you could run into and keep your reviews positive.
- Do good business. Plain and simple. Whether you’re selling on a small site or opening an online store, your customer service matters. You’ll want to get those positive reviews and make a good name for yourself. Respond to questions, concerns and complaints. Offer a guarantee if available.
Follow those guidelines and you will do well in online sales. When you’re ready to start selling, here’s where you go:
17. Amazon – Have you heard of FBA? It stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon” and it’s getting pretty popular. Basically, you buy products (in bulk is best) and ship them to Amazon for them to store. When your products sell, Amazon packs them up, ships them out and sends you the money (after taking their cut). There are people making a full-time living from FBA, while others just do it for some extra money.
18. CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
19. eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
20. Etsy – If you like to create arts and crafts, you can sell them on Etsy.It’s completely free to open an Etsy store. You simply sign up, post pictures of your creations and starting selling. You can choose your payment option, but PayPal is generally the easiest. Etsy makes it easy to sell and keep track of your inventory. There is a small listing fee and they take 3.5% of every sale you make.
21. Facebook – Facebook swap shops are great for selling things locally. It’s like CraigsList, but a little easier. You simply search for swap shops in your area and ask to join the group. Once you’re in, take a picture of the item, write a quick description with the price and post it. It doesn’t get much easier than that. You can generally expect to get about what you would get at a yard sale, maybe a little more.
Hey look, an article about making money online that doesn’t mention blogging. . . oh wait, here it is.
First off, I’m a blogger so it seems wrong not to mention it, but more importantly, it’s a legitimate way to make money. It’s quite possibly the least straight-forward way on this list, but it’s very doable and it’s also quite possibly the funnest way on this list. I love blogging and I know hundreds of bloggers who feel the same. So let’s talk about making money blogging and what it really means.
Blogging is something that requires patience, persistence and discipline. It may mean writing everyday for over a year before you really start to see any money from it. There are exceptions to the rule, but from my dealings with other bloggers, it seems to be pretty common to spend one or even two years building your blog, your brand and your authority, before making any serious amount of money.
Some people argue that you can make money without a lot of traffic and while that is true in some circumstances, you will generally need a lot of website traffic to start earning from a blog and that takes a while. Once you’ve reached that point, here are the primary ways to monetize your blog and start earning:
22. Advertising – This is definitely the most old-school way of earning money with a blog. It’s also starting to become the least common way. You can sell advertising spots directly on your site or you can sign up with a company like Google AdSense or Media.net. Either way, you won’t see a whole lot of money from ads until your views are well into the thousands each day.
23. Affiliates – There are many affiliate networks, such as FlexOffers and CJ Affiliate that allow you to promote other people’s products and services. You simply put a link or a banner on your page and then you get a percentage if someone clicks through and buys the product/service. You’ll want to select products that are specifically within your blog’s category.This is an effective way to earn money once you have the traffic coming to your blog.
24. Membership – Many people have created a paid membership area on their blog. This is typically for exclusive content that you can only access in the “member’s area.” If you have a really great idea on what to include, this can be a great idea. You’ll have to create something that can’t easily be accessed around the web.
25. Products – You can create your own product, such as an ebook or computer software. You would then use your blog as a promotion tool to get people to buy your product. As long as you create a legitimate product with a whole lot of value, you should be able to get some buyers, but like everything else with a blog, you’ll need the traffic to get the sells.
26. Services – You can offer a paid service, such as life coaching, blog coaching, goal setting or financial planning. Just be sure to investigate all the legal implications and make sure you’re not claiming to be a professional if you’re not one. With a service like this, you’re basically using your blog to sell yourself. You’ll need to convince people that you’re worth buying and then be able to back up your claims once they purchase your service.
27. Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
28. Subscription – If you think of something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer on a certain basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), you may want to offer a subscription service. This could be a fee charged each time your product is sent out or on a monthly basis. Either way, this has to be something that your customers can only get by subscribing to your website.
29. Videos – This could be an entire section on it’s own. Many people have made money by creating YouTube videos. Evan of EvanTube is a kid and he has made millions by creating reviews of products that other kids his age would use. It’s not easy to get views into the millions, but once you do, you’ll start seeing some cash come in. Many bloggers have completely turned to videos to get their point across by starting a video blog.
If you’re truly interested in becoming a blogger, start by looking through the archives of ProBlogger, Copyblogger and Boost Blog Traffic. Then go read through all the free guides over at Quick Sprout. It may take you a year to complete those tasks alone, but it will be worth it. You’ll practically have a MBA in blogging.
Finally, there are some companies that will hire you to work from the comfort of your own home. If you’re interested in working for someone else, while still making your own schedule and deciding where to work from, here are a few companies that will let you do just that:
30. CrowdSource – CrowdSource offers many types of jobs from “microtask” jobs to larger writing and editing jobs. You decide how much you work and you can do most of it right at your computer.
31. Demand Studios – Demand Studios is hiring all kinds of creative professionals, from writer to filmmakers. The pay isn’t amazing, but it’s competitive for a work-at-home job.
32. Fast Chart – Fast Chart allows you to work from home as a medical transcriptionist. There are some requirments and qualifications listed on the page, but if you meet them, you’ll make competitive pay for the industry. You’ll also be able to set your own schedule since you’ll be working from home.
33. Leap Force – Leap Force is one way that Google rates websites for search engine ranking. If you’re hired, you make decent money (usually over $11/hour), you set your own schedule and it can be pretty fun to view and rank websites.
34. Liveops – Liveops is a call center that allows you to work from home. Once your set up to take the calls, you can begin making a weekly schedule and working from home. The pay is generally close to $10/hour, but you can earn more with commissions.
35. SpeakWrite – SpeakWrite will pay you up to $15/hour to transcribe information. You set your own schedule and work from home.
Now you’ve got many different options to start earning online. If you saw something that really interests you, try it out and learn more about it. If you’re really wanting to make a full-time income online, you need to be dedicated to learning how to do what you want to do. There are tons of free resources out there. You just have to search for them!
Best Choice For Beginners!
Free Trading Education!
Free Demo Account!
Big Sign-up Bonus!
Perfect For Experienced Traders!